Annual Quality Assurance Report-1 (2017-18) click here
Annual Quality Assurance Report-2 (2018-19) click here
Annual Quality Assurance Report-3 (2019-20) click here
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
The prime tasks of the IQAC are:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institution.
- To channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence .
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality upgradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a postaccreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realising the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the postaccreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Objectives IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To better internal communication.
Strategies IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks • The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of an institution
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.